There are 2 new products I have started to take daily. These are the first 2 supplement type products I have purchased. I have not tried any ketone drinks or supplement packs. I don’t trust all these gimmick products, half of which are probably designed to take our money and not provide any real benefit. I’m sure some are perfectly fine products I know some swear by drinking ketones. I am not trying to knock these products, just try and do some research or ask around to see what you find out before investing your hard-earned money. The 2 products I decided to invest in were MCT Oil and Collagen peptides. I chose to purchase Mark Sisson’s Primal Kitchen Matcha Collagen Keto Latte as my source of Collagen, as I know Matcha tea has some fat burning benefits and have learned a lot from Mark I am a fan. I just figured I’d get more bang for my buck that way.
Many of the “Experts” I learn from all support the addition of MCT oil to your diet. I will warn you it does not seem to agree with everyone’s system, based on reviews from different groups I am a part of. I would start slow with this, maybe just a half a tbsp to start. The suggested daily intake on my bottle is 1-3 tbsp per day. The experts say to be ware of how the MCT oil you buy is processed, not all MCT oil is equal. Here is the description of the MCT oil I purchased from Thrive Market.
“MCTs, or medium-chain triglycerides, are a healthy type of fatty acid known to boost energy and help provide a full feeling. Nutiva harnesses that power in a convenient oil sourced from organic coconuts and kept raw with no fillers for full nutritional potency and a great tropical taste. Add to coffee, smoothies, batter, and more. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.”
According to https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mct-oil-benefits there are 7 science-based benefits of MCT Oil. I’m just hitting the highlights here. If you are interested in learning more about a certain benefit copy and paste the above link into your search bar.
- MCT oil can potentially promote weight loss. MCTs can also be converted into ketones, which are produced from the breakdown of fat when carbohydrate intake is low. Lastly, your gut environment is very important when it comes to your weight. MCT oil may help optimize the growth of good bacteria and support the gut lining, which could also help you lose weight.
- MCT oil can be a good source of energy. In the liver, the fats are broken down to be either used as fuel or stored as body fat. Since MCTs easily enter your cells without being broken down, they can be used as an immediate source of energy. When you’re on a ketogenic diet, MCTs can also be converted into ketones in the liver. These ketones can pass through your blood-brain barrier, making them a source of energy for your brain cells.
- MCT could reduce lactate buildup in athletes and help use fat for energy. MCT oil could potentially increase fat burning and reduce the need for carbs during exercise. However, it’s unclear whether this translates to improved exercise performance.
- MCT could help manage epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, and autism. Studies have shown that MCT oil and a ketogenic diet may help manage conditions such as epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, and autism. MCT oil may improve brain function, which could have benefits for people with epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease, and autism.
- MCT contains fatty acids that fight yeast and bacterial growth. MCT oil contains fatty acids that have been shown to reduce the growth of yeast and bacteria. Overall, MCTs may have a variety of antimicrobial and antifungal effects, though more research is needed.
- MCT may reduce risk factors for heart disease. MCT oil may help reduce heart disease risk factors such as weight, cholesterol, and inflammation.
- MCT could help manage blood sugar levels. MCT oil could potentially help manage diabetes by reducing fat storage and increasing fat burning. It may also help manage blood sugar.
Collagen is the most abundant source of protein in the body.
According to Healthine.com again https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/collagen-benefits
The top 6 benefits of taking Collagen supplements are:
- Can improve skin health. Taking supplements that contain collagen may help slow the aging of your skin. However, stronger evidence is needed from studies examining the effects of collagen on its own.
- Helps relieve joint pain. Taking collagen supplements has been shown to reduce inflammation and stimulate collagen synthesis in the body. This may help promote pain relief among people with joint disorders like osteoarthritis.
- Can prevent bone loss. Consuming collagen supplements may help reduce the risk of bone disorders like osteoporosis. They have the potential to help increase BMD and lower levels of proteins in the blood that stimulate bone breakdown.
- Can boost muscle mass. Research has shown that consuming collagen supplements increased muscle growth and strength in people with age-related muscle mass loss.
- Promotes heart health. Taking collagen supplements may help reduce the risk factors associated with heart conditions such as atherosclerosis.
- Other health benefits. Collagen supplements have been claimed to promote brain, heart, and gut health, as well as help control weight and keep hair and nails healthy. However, there’s scant evidence to support these effects.
I’ve been taking these supplements for about two weeks. I have been feeling fantastic the last few days. I am feeling strong, energetic, and younger. I am sure this is due to everything I have been doing. I have lost almost 50 pounds, walking, light exercising, and eating healthy in addition to these new products. I will continue to use these 2 products as I am a believer in them. The 32 oz bottle of MCT oil I purchased from Thrive Market was $27.50. The Primal Kitchen Collagen Keto Latte was $30 for 9.33 oz 14 servings per container, and it tastes good to me. I am thinking I will use this 2-3 times a week and explore other more economical options to take daily. While I love this product, $60 a month is a little expensive for me.
I chose to purchase my products through Thrive Market because of there values and their products. They have over 500,000 members who share a desire to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process. They have a whole host of products for every kind of diet and healthy snacks of all types. You will have to become a member to see their prices. They have an annual membership of $50, or you can join for one month for $9. I believe you can cancel right away and get your money back. You can browse their site some to learn more about them without becoming a member. As a customer they gave me a referral link. Anyone who uses it will save 25% off their first purchase. And full disclosure, they will give me a $25 store credit. If this starts to add up for me, I will share with you. I will start doing some product giveaways with that money. Don’t expect too much right away, my following is still fairly small. I’m guessing maybe 3-5 people at most might give it a shot. If you do become a member, you will get a referral code of your own, all I did was make and order and I received mine via email. Here is my link if you care to give it a look.
Have a great day and good luck on your journey!