So far this has been my favorite thing to eat. I was blown away by how well it tasted, as I had never cooked a steak on the stovetop before. It is also fast and easy. Hope you love it too!
Skillet Seared Steak
- Season steak to your liking and let it rest at room temp for 30 min.
- Drizzle olive oil in a skillet and turn on medium high for 5 min.
- Put steak in skillet and apply some pressure with tongs to make sure the entire steak is in contact with the skillet. Flip at about 2 min 30 sec to 3 min.
- Once I flip it, I place 3 pats of butter on top of the steak. After another 2.5 to 3 minutes, I flip it again.
- Then I sear and flip the steak in the butter until steak reaches desired temp. Usually just another minute or two.
- Remove the steak from the skillet at about 10 degrees shy of desired temperature and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Enjoy, hope you like it as much as I do.
Medium Rare – 135 degrees Fahrenheit
Medium – 145 degrees Fahrenheit
Medium Well – 150 degrees Fahrenheit
Well – 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
*FDA recommends at least 145 degrees for safety.